Your Housing Group - Repairs & Maintenance Contract
We are contracted as Principal Designer and CDM Advisor to Your Housing Group who have a large and diverse portfolio of more than 28,000 homes across the North West, Yorkshire and the Midlands. Properties range from general housing and apartments for social and affordable rent through to retirement living developments, extra care facilities and innovative private rental offers.
Schemes we have worked on thus far include:
- Cyclical painting
- Kitchen replacements and refurbishments
- Bathroom replacement and refurbishments
- Central heating works and replacements
- Air conditioning unit upgrades
- Lift replacements
- Communal boiler replacements
- Communal lighting upgrades
- Fire installation
- Water hygiene
- Warden Call Systems
- Submitting and amending F10’s
- Production of PCI’s
- Robust review of CPP’s
- Commenting on SKATE (skills, knowledge, attitude, training and experience)
- Site Safety Inspections / CDM Compliance Audits
- CDM training and support, both formal and informal
- Weekly meetings at YHG head office
- Support with accident and incident investigation
- Production of H&S Files
To date we are appointed on a broad variety of projects and have performed hundreds of Site Safety Inspections, ensuring that the Contractors on sites are complying with H&S legislation and the CDM Regulations and ensuring the Client is successfully performing their Duties under the Regulations.
We have added value by providing two free CDM Awareness CPD sessions to date at the Birchwood offices to engage with the Client and make efforts towards generating buy-in to the Regulations and a positive H&S culture. Our Lead PD also attends the offices every Monday for a full brief on projects to demonstrate our dedication and involvement.
On all of our projects so far in our contract we have ensured there are no significant reportable H&S incidences and we pride ourselves on this, ensuring that we work closely with the Client, Contractor, Designers and the rest of the project team to ensure that, so far as reasonably practicable, that risks and hazards are designed out, and, where this is not possible, to apply our knowledge and expertise in appropriately managing and mitigating risk.
(Images courtesy of Your Housing Group)