Vacancy Ref : KOK 229
Contract term: Quantity Surveyor
Department: Quantity Surveying
Regional Office: The position will be primarily based in our Warrington office, with flexible working arrangement to suit the current climate. Ideally you will live within a short travelling distance of the office, such that the daily commute will not be a burden. You will be expected to work on projects both locally and nationally and to travel when necessary.
Reporting to: Senior Surveyor/Director
Conditions: Salary and conditions to be agreed. Corporate training and professional development support will be made available. You will be expected to work towards achieving professional membership of the RICS, benefitting from experienced staff to provide mentoring, or to have qualified as a chartered surveyor and show a commitment to achieving annual CPD requirements. A discretionary performance bonus will be offered to the successful candidate.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Keelagher Okey Klein, whose portfolio of clients include The Nuclear Decommissioning Authority, Local Authorities, Universities, Education, NHS Trusts, Property managers, Major contractors and blue chip multi-national companies. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with an eye to progression who wishes to join a small well established and expanding team.
Duties and responsibilities:
This is a stimulating opportunity for a confident, personable, self disciplined, organised, dynamic, and communicative person with a commercial approach and a keen eye for detail to establish robust commercial control with clients old and new on a variety of projects and measured term contracts. Dependent upon experience, the successful candidate will be expected to take a lead role with:
- Reporting upon project status, opportunities and current workload for QS Services to a Senior Surveyor or Director.
- Full QS role on low to medium value projects including MTC.
- QS, PM, CA and EA services on larger complex projects and a variety of other JCT/NEC schemes.
- Liaise with clients and contractors to provide budgetary, contract and procedural advice.
- Attend MTC, design team and progress meetings.
- Review budgets, interim accounts, final accounts, and contract compliance in detail.
- Prepare technical progress reports.
- Promote partnership working to achieve client objectives.
- Agree the information for and preparation of budget prices, final accounts and management reports, and comment upon procedural and contractual matters.
- Be able to draft and amend QS/PM/CA/EA documents and procedures.
- The ideal candidate will have a confident and approachable personality that invokes trust and respect both internally and within a project team.
- They will have a good /developing working knowledge of JCT and NEC contracts. They will be expected to use and develop experience in the application of the PSA Schedules of Rates and the JCT Measured Term Contract.
- They will be familiar with procurement processes sufficient to be able to clearly understand the procurement sequence / methodology for new buildings, repair, maintenance, alterations, demolition and fit out.
- They will be able to read and interpret technical drawings, will have experience of using the MS Office suite and software used to measure and take off.
- They will be able to demonstrate an ability to take off Bills of Quantity using NRM2, but must be prepared to use other methods of measurement such as SMM7 and CESMM4 and have experience in preparing Schedules of Work.
- They will be able to take full advantage of the committed technical support and team working available within KOK, be disciplined, well organised and methodical in their approach.
- They will have an understanding of current Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and the roles and responsibilities of the Principal Designer in relation to projects from inception to completion.
Qualifications and Experience:
The Candidate must hold a relevant degree and either be working towards achieving chartered membership of the RICS or be recently chartered, with a minimum of 2 years’ post-graduate experience in areas relevant to our business.
Access to a vehicle with business use insurance and a full, clean driving license is essential.