GRADUATE QUANTITY SURVEYOR
GRADUATE QUANTITY SURVEYOR
Vacancy Ref: KOK /391
Contract term: Quantity Surveyor
Department: Quantity Surveying
Qualifications and Experience: The Candidate must hold a relevant degree, and either be working towards achieving chartered membership of the RICS or be recently chartered, with a minimum of 2 years’ post-graduate experience in areas relevant to our business. Access to a vehicle with business use insurance and a full, clean driving license is essential.
Regional Office: The position will be primarily based in our Warrington office, with flexible working arrangement to suit the current climate. You must be prepared to work full-time from the Warrington office when required (subject to a Covid risk assessment and testing regime). Ideally you will live within a short travelling distance of the office, such that the daily commute will not be a burden. You will be expected to work on projects both locally and nationally and to travel when necessary.
Reporting to: Senior Surveyor/Director
Conditions: Salary and conditions to be agreed. Corporate training and professional development support will be made available. You will be expected to work towards achieving professional membership of the RICS, benefitting from experienced staff to provide mentoring, or to have recently qualified as a chartered quantity surveyor and show a commitment to achieving annual CPD requirements. A discretionary performance bonus will be offered to the successful candidate.
Opportunity Description: An exciting opportunity has arisen at Keelagher Okey Klein, whose portfolio of clients include The
Nuclear Decommissioning Authority, Local Authorities, Universities, Education, NHS Trusts, Property managers, Major contractors and blue chip multi-national companies. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with an eye to progression who wishes to join a small well established and
Duties and responsibilities: This is a stimulating opportunity for a confident, personable, self disciplined, organised, dynamic, and communicative person with a commercial approach and a keen eye for detail to establish robust commercial control with clients old and new on a variety of projects and measured term contracts. Dependent upon experience, the successful candidate will be expected to take a supporting or lead role with:
• Reporting upon project status, opportunities and current workload for QS Services to a Senior Surveyor or Director.
• Take an active, full QS role on low to medium value projects including MTC.
• QS, PM, CA and EA services on larger complex projects and a variety of other JCT/NEC schemes.
• Prepare estimates using NRM1 in detail appropriate to RIBA work stages 1-4.
• Prepare tender documents, including bills of quantities, utilising NRM 2.
• Liaise with clients and contractors to provide budgetary, contract and procedural advice.
• Attend MTC, design team and progress meetings.
• Review budgets, interim accounts, final accounts, and contract compliance in detail.
• Prepare technical progress reports.
• Promote partnership working to achieve client objectives.
• Agree the information for and preparation of budget prices, final accounts and management reports, and comment upon procedural and contractual matters.
• Prepare contract documents
• The ideal candidate will have a confident and approachable personality that invokes trust and respect both internally and within a project team, with a willingness to contribute to and benefit from a team working environment.
• They will have a good /developing working knowledge of JCT and NEC contracts. They will be expected to use and develop experience in the application of the PSA Schedules of Rates and the JCT Measured Term Contract.
• They will be familiar with procurement processes sufficient to be able to clearly understand the procurement sequence / methodology for new buildings, repair, maintenance, alterations, demolition and fit out.
• They will be able to read and interpret technical drawings, will have experience of using the MS Office suite and software used to measure from digital drawings and input into BQ writing software.
• They will be able to demonstrate an ability to take off Bills of Quantity using NRM2 but must be prepared to use other methods of measurement such as SMM7 and CESMM4 and have some experience in preparing Schedules of Work.
• They will be able to take full advantage of the committed technical support and knowledge sharing available within KOK, be disciplined, well organised and methodical in their approach.
• They will have an understanding of current Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and the roles and responsibilities of the Principal Designer in relation to projects from inception to completion.