Completion Of £55Million New University Arts Facility
The University of Salford’s £55m New Adelphi Building opened its doors this week for the start of the academic year. Keelagher Okey Klein provided Principal Designer and CDM Advisor services on the 160,000 sq ft eight-storey building at Peel Park campus.
The state of the art facility will be the new home for many of the School of Arts & Media courses including art, design, fashion, photography, music, performance and dance, as well as the School of the Built Environment’s new architecture programme.
Facilities at the new teaching centre include:
- 350-seat theatre, open for public performances as well as student
- Professional standard television studios featuring high definition cameras
- Band room large enough to record an orchestra
- 6,000 sq ft of art and design workshops
- 2 large TV acting studios
- Rehearsal studios
- 6 industry standard recording studios
- 12 amplified performance studios
- 14 instrumental tuition rooms
- a 100sqm band-room/live room
- a suite of flexible performance spaces
The facilities are designed to enhance industry collaboration with HOME, the Lowry, Hotel Football, Islington Mill, Daily Telegraph, ITV and BBC.
Professor Allan Walker, Dean of the School of Arts and Media, said: “We expect New Adelphi will soon be recognised as one of the UK’s most advanced creative production and training facilities for all forms of performance, plastic arts and for design combined with media and digital technologies.
“The building will not only provide an artistic hub for our students, but a programme of events will make it a mainstay of Greater Manchester’s cultural landscape.”
For further information about our Principal Designer, CDM Advisor or Health & Safety Consultancy services, please contact John Okey on 01925 654158.