Chartered Building Surveyors
Our aim is to make the Clients life easier by forestalling problems and providing solutions. Keelagher Okey Klein provide a strong, cohesive team approach involving broad expertise and knowledge of all aspects of Building Surveying.
Our construction experience extends from assisting Matalan to develop from a small shop business to a PLC, assisting Halliwell Jones to become the major BMW and Mini dealership it is today and opening many stores for Lidl and Topps Tiles. Our experience is broad and includes all sectors of the construction industry such as Infrastructure, NHS, Education, Local Authority, Residential, Commercial, Industrial and Retail, and spans from works of urgent repair and Measured Term Contracts up to a Private Finance Initiative of a major new NHS hospital.
We are experienced in all forms of procurement including Partnering such as P21, Term Contracts and two stage tendering. Our Building Surveyors are mature, confident and qualified professionals each with particular knowledge and expertise which sets our team apart from many others. They also enjoy the support of the other professions in our business and the team spirit within our firm.
Our approach is always positive and proactive.
What we Do:
Building Surveyors provide professional advice on all aspects of property and construction. We work with the client on the design and implementation of the alteration, extension, fit out, restoration and maintenance of existing buildings as well as development of new ones. It is a very wide field and includes advising on many varied aspects of buildings at different stages of their lifespan.
The nature of the work may range from quite modest adaptations and repairs to the design of large, multi-million pound structures, and sometimes includes working with buildings of architectural or historic importance, or in an extremely dilapidated condition.
How We Help:
Determining the clients property requirements and advising clients on schemes and projects. Building surveyors work in many areas of property and construction so the work is diverse and rarely routine. Tasks may involve:
- determining the condition of existing buildings, identifying and analyzing defects, including proposals for repair
carrying out feasibility studies
- preparing scheme designs for construction works of all types with costings, programs for completion of projects and specification of works
- dealing with planning applications and advising on property legislation and building regulations
- preparing documents for tender and advising on appointing contractors, designers and procurement routes
- ensuring projects are completed on budget, to specification and to schedule advising on energy efficiency, environmental impact and sustainable construction
- advising on the preservation/conservation of historic buildings
- advising on management and supervision of maintenance of buildings
- assessing and designing buildings to meet the needs of people with disabilities
- advising on construction design and management regulations
- negotiating dilapidation’s (when there is a legal liability for a property’s state of disrepair)
- advising on the health and safety aspects of buildings including Fire Risk Assessment and Disabled Access
- advising on boundary and rights of light disputes and party wall procedures
- giving evidence in court in cases where building regulations have been breached and as expert witnesses on building defects and dilapidation’s
- preparing insurance assessments and claims.
- Full service, design, cost, safety, quality and time management from feasibility to completion
- Project management and contract administration on site
- Disability Discrimination Audits
- Dilapidation and Schedule of Condition surveys
- Condition surveys of Local Authority buildings. Party Wall surveyors
- Condition/Defect Analysis/Building Surveys
- Fire Risk Assessments
- Insurance repair/reinstatement works ( including fire damage)
- NHS Specialist works e.g. ward and clinical refurbishments
- Planning and building regulations applications and detailed drawings
- Life cycle surveys and reports
- Renovation, extension and refurbishments
- Planned preventative maintenance surveys and report
- Measured surveys and production of drawings
- Produce 2D and 3D AutoCAD Drawings
- BIM using Revit.
If you are considering a Construction, Alteration, Fit Out, Building or Refurbishment project and would appreciate a no nonsense approach please do call us on 01925 654158 and ask for John Okey or Steve Brown.