A KOK eyed look back at 2018…
As 2018 draws to a close, we like to look back at the successes and challenges of the year to both appreciate and learn from them.
This year we are proud to have been commissioned as Principal Designers, CDM Advisors, Quantity Surveyors, Building Surveyors and even on the odd occasion, Principal Contractor, on over 400 schemes.
Clients have ranged from Local Authorities, Universities, NHS Trusts and major contractors to Commercial and Entertainment Conglomerates, Housing / Residential Developers, a football club and the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority.
Major new commissions this year include:
• £100m completion works to the Royal Liverpool Hospital after the collapse of Carilion
• £70m One Centenary Way office complex as part of Phase Two of Paradise Birmingham
• £65m High-rise residential development and a £55m mixed used development with Spitfire Homes Ltd
• £30m refurbishment of Three Centenary Square for the University of Birmingham
• £41m Citadel Campus Development for the University of Cumbria
• £50m Faculty of Arts & Humanities (FAH) Redevelopment at the University of Coventry
• £14m Salford Waterside Village Redevelopment for Student Cribs
• £14m New Lecture and Performance Hub at the University of Liverpool
• £60m Science & Engineering Development at Manchester Metropolitan University
• £26m Modular Built Residential Development Uptown Riverside for Property Alliance Group
• £1m demolition of the Echo Arena Car Park in Liverpool which had suffered a major fire
• £25m construction of new Kings Dock Car Park
• £2 million Winter Pressures work for the NHS
• New MTC contract for the NHS
Major projects completed this year include:
• The £45m installation of the ground-breaking Proton Beam (the first of its kind in the UK) at NHS Christie Hospital
• £34m AMRC (Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre) development for the University of Sheffield
• Final phase of the £50m Refurbishment of Manchester Business School
• £39m New Training Facility for the Civil Nuclear Constabulary / NDA
• £50m Graphene Engineering and Innovation Centre at University of Manchester
• £40m Liverpool Lime Street development
We have also won (and on some occasions, retained) our place on the following frameworks:
• NHS Shared Business Services (NHS SBS) – Quantity Surveying, Building Surveying, Principal Designer and Health & Safety Services
• Fusion 21 Consultants Framework
• Manchester City Council Capps Framework – Principal Designer, Quantity Surveying, CDM Advisor
• University of Sheffield Consultancy Services Framework
• Re-allies Housing Framework – Principal Designer, CDM Advisor
We would also like to say a special congratulations to Reich & Hall on winning the award for Scottish Best Building of the Year by Royal Incorporation Architectsin Scotland (RIAS) for the NDA Nucleus Building in Wick.
Also, a big congratulations to Kier, Cheshire West & Chester Council, Ellis Williams and all involved in Storyhouse Chester which received the Place North West Sub-Regional Project of the Year Award and the Special Award for Community Impact and Engagement at the Civic Trust Awards this year amongst being shortlisted for several other Awards.
KOK are very proud to have contributed to both these innovative and exciting projects.
We would finally like to say a thank you and best new year wishes to all of our clients, colleagues, peers and design team co-workers that we have had the pleasure of working with this year.
Here’s to what was a busy and exciting year and to 2019 being much the same!
Best wishes from all the team at KOK.